Founded in 1919, Zonta International is a global service organization of executives in business and the professions working together, across political and social boundaries, to advance the status of women worldwide.
Zonta International members volunteer their time, talents and money to local and international service programs, as well as scholarship and award programs aimed at furthering women’s education, leadership and youth development.
Zonta International service has been closely linked with the United Nations. As an international NGO (non-governmental organization) Zonta International brings women’s concerns to the UN, suggests solutions.
Zonta International is represented in:
- United Nations Committee
- United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)
- Department of Public Information
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- United Nations Development Fund for Women (UN Women)
- United Nations International Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AID